Tic Toc Tic Toc – WAKE UP! – Women’s World
Tic Toc Tic Toc – WAKE UP!
Excuses are the poison potion of dreams. Tomorrow, next time, later, after this or after that happens … tic toc tic toc! Wake up! Life is passing you by. Life is not forever and that clock is ticking! No more waiting “IT’S YOUR TURN” now! Time to enjoy this journey of life. No matter where you are in life you have things to be grateful for, so hold your head high learn from past and present circumstances and let’s LIVE!
We come up with so many excuses why we don’t do something right now and tomorrow may never come. If you have something in your heart follow it now. We are so good at coming up with excuses not to do something just so we feel good about our decision. In the end we only rob ourselves from living.
Common biker example – Some people want to purchase a motorcycle but keep postponing it waiting for some future event. Many use the excuse they want to wait until they retire or have a place with a garage, finish divorce, get married, kids leave for college, etc. I hear so many excuses like that; unfortunately, that future many times never comes. Whatever the dream is, the time to live your dream is now.
Get out NOW and be and do what you have in your heart!
I have learned by force due to circumstances that excuses are just excuses. We say that it’s just not possible right now, but when we are pushed to the edge into doing it we realized our excuses were just that EXCUSES. Life doesn’t end when we follow our dreams now – and we get to live the moment NOW. In other words enjoy life, enjoy the now, and take risks! Not crazy risks but well thought out calculated risks. Don’t live in the future because you’ll miss the present and that may be all you get. Life is a precious journey to be enjoyed along the way. Unfortunately so many of us postpone things by planning on some future thing to happen without enjoying the now. Don’t let that be you!
Take Action NOW!
Take some time aside to be alone and go deep into thinking. Analyze where your life is now and where you would like it to be. Analyze all the reasons you have created not to pursue your dreams and passions. Look at how your life would be if you decided to pursue and live your dreams and passions now. See how your life will be now and in 5, 10, 20 years if you continue and do nothing. Once you are brutally honest with yourself of where you are and where you want to be it’s time to “Clean Up,” so you have the needed foundation to plan and strategize.
CLEANING UP – take a look at all the toxic that surrounds you such as:
1. People – negative people that surround you. Make a decision to distance yourself from those people who bring you down and don’t support your dreams. Even those that you love dearly, although it’s very difficult you need to make a decision. If they refuse to understand and respect your ideas they do not serve your higher purpose and you must distance yourself. Make a list of all those you must distance yourself from and all those who do support you in a positive way.
2. Things – useless things that surround you. How much clutter have you accumulated? Secret – Less is better! You need to be clutter free. We do not need anything we haven’t touched in at least one year. Get rid of it and make room for your new life. Start room by room in your home. Free yourself from attachment to the material world and a huge weight will be lifted. LET IT GO!
3. Stress – what is creating the most stress in your life? List all the things that are stressing you out. Stress causes us so many illnesses. List all that is stressing you and what you need done to make it stop.
PLANNING AND STRATEGIZING – building your future.
1. Blueprint – Setting up a blueprint for action. You can’t build if you have no blueprint. Creating a blueprint of how to get from where you are to where you want to be is your bridge to your new life.
2. Monitor- You also want to monitor your progress daily or at minimum weekly so that you know the moment you’re getting off track.
3. Flexibility – Staying on track and engrave the vision of your goal in your brain – Life happens and there are many detours so you must remain flexible however your focus on the goal must stay solid. How you reach your goal will vary along the way it that is fine.
Never Settle for a Mundane or Mediocre Life!
Make your dreams a reality starting NOW. Do not reside in the land of I coulda, woulda, shoulda. Come join me in the land of (I did it / I’m doing it) it feels GREAT!
Hayley B. Colina, Esq.
EQ Women Succeed, LLC.